Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What Do You Think?

I have some questions... would be nice if you all can contribute some answers to it. It would probably help a little bit.


Question 1
Will you convert yourself to another religion because of love knowingly you have been brought up all your life as ( __your own religion__) by your family?
If yes, why?
If no, why?

Question 2
What do you think of long distances relationship? And how long will you last without seeing your girlfriend/boyfriend before you go insane till you need to catch a flight to see him/her again?



Sorry, i know this probably sounds like your English Language exam essay papers hehehehe... but i'm currently feeling a bit lost with my life and needed some directions or suggestions or any advice... Thank you very much.....

Your feedback is truly and deeply appreciated..................................


xoxo Stella Matilda

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think that you should listen to your heart, and you will find what you've been looking for... that's all from me sweetheart :)

par-fume said...

Hi Stella,I personally believe if you truly love someone,you would the best to make the person happier.If your partner is happy the way it is,'dont fix if its not broken'-male term.

as of long distance...hard to say,but deep down inside I find it so hard to sustain...It all depends on you,only you know.Good Luck;-)

Anonymous said...

its all up 2 u stella..but think wisely..belive in urself.ur situation is juz like mine..my bf is a malay,n i'm chritian..but i do love him damn much.he also love me a lot..we been together about 2 years..n my answer is yes..because i dont wnt to loose him..

Gerald said...

Religion: It doesn't matter as long you believe.

Distance: My first was distance, and it really does hurt. But how often can a couple really last that far away? It requires real trust and high commitment and true understanding. I've only known 2 couples that made it that far of all the stories i've heard.

End of the day, don't force yourself too hard. Do pray sincerely, i always believe my tailo aka God the almighty will always shed u some lights.

que sera-sera said...

hey stell..

i'll b going to kl next weekend. just to let u know lar i'll call u :)

bout ur questions.. i'll just say something as i think i know what ur going thru lar. ( i assume lar k :P)

Religion has always been a foundation for humans as we need direction.Alot of ppl have converted their religion "in the name of love". Being the practical me.. I really think u REALLY have to know what ur getting into. What d religion means to u. R u converting just for the sake of love or do u really understand and love the religion u are converting to. Bcos..if u convert for the wrong reasons.. (love is one of them btw) then that religion will be a bondage to u and ultimately will put a strain on ur relationship. Honestly.. if my bf wanted to convert just for the sake of love then I would rather he just stay the way he is.

Whatever religion.. in the world it is not always that simple..especially in m'sia. (if u know what i mean lar)

Just reflect on what u have been thought all ur life..ur experiences..that special night in my car (ok sounds quite bad :P) after the youth conference...then ask urself has all that u have experienced just a lie? is it so easy jus to throw away all that..for something so impermanent? (ppl don't last forever u know..) is the God i have been knowing my whole life JUST a RELIGION. or is HE the real deal.

then u decide for urself if it's worth it or not..bcos u must know there a certain laws..(unsaid laws)

God gave us a heart n a mind to decide so... hope u do what is right. :)

u of course will always be stella matilda no matter what :P

oh..about the distance thing.. take laine as an example. if u want it u really gotta WORK IT..but it is of course never 100% safe :P

oh..btw so JEALOUS that u went for the MTV asia awards!! arghhh...

ps: very long comment..but aiya might as well say everything here right :P

Anonymous said...

in my opinion...
i don't think i will convert my religion to his. for example if my religion is islam (for example only. i know islam cannot change religion), i believe in Allah right. but if my bf/husband is christian, and i change my religion to his, i change because of him, but i might not believe in Jesus. so what's the point in changing? i think if he loves you, he will not force you to change your religion. changing religion is not like changing the clothes. just by changing it, but not really believing it, i dont think that's nice.for me, a couple can have different religion.i need not change to his, so as him.

for the 2nd question. my bf is now currently working in sabah. and we stay apart for ald more than one year. my relationship with him is still remain the same. im studying in KL, so i can only see him during my sem break.once during CNY, once in may, and once during end of the year. other than that, we see each other sometimes thru webcam. most of the time we chat thru hp.i think whether the long distance relationship can remain or not, is depends on that two person. i'm okay with it, although i feel sad and lonely sometimes and cry in the night. but if you love him, you can wait.wait till the day that two person can stay together everyday. and till that day, i think i'll shout for freedom. haha, cos that time where you can see him everyday, you will not want to see him everyday anyway.

i hope i can help you up, even just a little.

Meitzeu said...

Hmm...as for the religious thingy...If I'm married to that guy that I love, I would convert to his religious...Is normal for girl to convert i think.


As for long distance like now that I'm in part of it..If both have believe & faith...nothing can stop lovers to get along even for a period of time if both of them can wait for each other..
Or maybe sacrifies to get along with each other in one coutry..
It's all depends on both parties..
As for me, I've studied in KL until UK...And my r'ship still maintain until now (7/8 years)..
A technology called internet & phone may help..=)
Good luck !!

Anonymous said...

(fong)keep one thing in mind always,dont forget who u r n where u from..stay sweet^^

Stella Matilda said...

hmm.... some really serious answers you guys have...

good good... this is quite serious to me anyways... yeh yeh...

keep the answers rolling in...

gona take all these into consideration a.s.a.p~

xoxo

Erny said...

I always believe long distance relationship will last just as long as you try to make it last. And if you try your best, it will definitely last.

As for converting, I have no comment on that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Stella

Well, as for me religion is precious. I said no. (to convert to ur bf/gf religion) just for the sake of LOVE. There's only 1 love that last forever, its GOD LOVE's.
Lets say u convert to ur spouse religion(not bcoz of ur belief in those religion)bcoz of him/her. And 1 day he/her leave u, or sumting else we cant predict will happen, u will regret everything. It's ok if ur parent(who bring u up til u r here nowadays..) blessed ur new religion n u. But wat if u lose everything.. But GOD never leave u. So its all up to u../us.
True LOVE wont change our belief in GOD.
Long distance relationship...
well,i've been through it for 3 years. All u can do is trust and pray! Remember, LOVE never change. If one day, u/us or he/she changed, thats mean it was not LOVE. Love is forever.

x0x0x0 dingding x0x0x0

Anonymous said...

Dear Stellz,

To a certain extend i would agree with junior, "listen to your heart, and you will find what you've been looking for" ...

A noble loving lady once said..

"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart." -Mother Teresa.

Stellz, its a huge commitment when it comes to religion and a big step to another chapter, as much said it still boils down to your call, are you ready for that next step into the chapter?

I feel it depends on both parties tho, you and the one you love and ur FAmilieZ!,there has to be an understanding, i am sure there are many in the country/world who live together tho they are different in religion/colour/looks or whatever it is. If there is will there is a way, some may legally get married out of the country and live a happy life locally others may convert or some just don't work out. If possible the two could keep to their faith and respect each others faith..i mean u can work it out...but decisions made will affect others for sure and... like you said all ur life you've been brought up the (ur religion) way.

Ur partner too has to think of the consequences..it is not only difficult for him/her but for you as well. As much said Love is not about religion, but a person may have doubts because he/she too have faith in what they believe in...so i pray u will make a wise choice and give careful thought..

Sometimes people are blinded by love and may refuse to face the facts of life, but then again u choose the path so once u've set it you have to bare the consequences/pain/joy that comes with it, but it is not impossible to be together tho, there are many ways to it..its just that everybody has their own restrictions,culture & input into it...in certain places if you know what i mean.

I also agree with stephanie on her phrase of u really have to know what ur getting into. Here's a little something i found for you.


*Love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.- Antoine de Saint-Exupery


*You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip.-Jonathan Carroll


*The life and love we create is the life and love we live.- Leo Buscaglia

Long distance relationship can be filled with colours..it only depends on the two love birds ...

Bless ya...cute!

If worst of situation! kahwin lari! haha..just kiddin.. keep smilin ya :) .good things will come your way...!

What i wrote may sound crapy but anyway i hope it helps..

Hugz#

Anonymous said...

Was just passing by; tempted to leave a comment. & I am a man who gives in to his temptations.
IMHO, these are my two cents, no offence meant to anyone.

The 1st question is a question of faith. Since faith is about belief, the answer lies in what you believe.

& the 2nd question is, to me, a cynical one. Tho' you might think that you would weigh what other think, ultimately it's up to you (again). Only you can acsertain how long it takes for rindu to change to angau, or if it/him/all this is worth it.

But if you do believe it's worth it, then strive with all your might. Cos it means you have faith. And you should always fight for what you believe in...

Stella Matilda said...

Hi all, thank you so much for all the sincere feedback towards my 2 little questions. I have not made any decision yet, but all answers really helps me think about some really important things in my life that means alot to me...

Big Thank you to readers:
junior, june, belle, gerald, stephanie (my vip sister), charlotte t, meitzeu, erny, darren, meonjeng and all the anonymous readers as well.

Just in case you may want to add anything else, please do as this post will never run out of date. It would help other readers to take note as well...

Thanks for the sincere feedback, me truly and deeply appreciate it =)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

glad to help you out stells
have a nice day

Anonymous said...

Hi girl (~~WARNING this is pretty long!)

To convert for love or not to convert that is the question?

Firstly, I'd like to tell you that I am actually a revert of Islam, was previously a Catholic Christian. Speaking from personal experience, I chose to convert to Islam after reading about the religion for a couple of years. I became interested in Islam for many reasons bereavement etc. Although admittedly a relationship with a muslim guy did come into the equation, but ONLY in fuelling my interest in the religion. I wasn't a serious Christian before, hence why I was having a relationship outside of marriage. The guy was muslim and also my bestest friend! We often had discussions about Islam and Christianity and I often felt ashamed that he knew more about my religion than I did. As our discussions continued over a period of time. I realised that I actually love this religion of Islam, and as time passed by I began to feel that I wanted to convert to Islam. Gradually my love for Islam surpassed the love for the guy, because it confirmed what I thought all along that there is only one God. I knew that if I was going to be a committed muslim I'd have to end this sinful relationship we were having. So I ended the relationship when I felt ready to convert. Weeks later I reverted to Islam and never looked back since.

Fortunately I ACTUALLY MARRIED the guy, because he saw how devoted I was to Islam.

In conclusion your relationship with God surpasses any other relationship that you have with any living person. God should be your first and foremost in everything you do- so I think that you really need to seperate the two issues of the Guy you are in love with, and your God.

Converting to a religion is not to be taken lightly, and in my opinion if you do convert for a guy you happen to be in love with for the 'time being' then you really wouldn't be true to yourself, you would be living a lie for the sake of pleasing someone, instead of pleasing your creator.

My suggestion is that you look a little deeper into your belief system, and also the religion you may or may not be considering converting to- "Allah Guides whom he wills!". Bottom line is that your religion/faith completes you, without this a person cannot whole. So then how can someone love you if you're not complete or being true to yourself!

We can all make suggestions to your two million dollar questions, and everyone's opinions are all very valid and notable. But I guess in the end the answer lies within....

Second question I am not so passionate about...Not had much experience in this area...
But in this day and age there are all sorts of communication medium which facilitate faster and easier communication with loved ones who live on the other side of the globe.

Ultimately, it all depends on the two people involved and how much effort, energy, time and commitment they are willing to put into making a long-distance relationship really work.

I think it works for some and not for others predominantly because of people's patience and tolerance level and all of the aforementioned.

Hopefully I did not bore you to sleep!

The best person to seek guidance from is God..so pray if ever you are in doubt.

Love Hanaa

Anonymous said...

Hi girl ~~WARNING this is pretty long!

To convert for love or not to convert that is the question?

Firstly, I'd like to tell you that I am actually a revert of Islam, was previously a Catholic Christian. Speaking from personal experience, I chose to convert to Islam after reading about the religion for a couple of years. I became interested in Islam for many reasons bereavement etc. Although admittedly a relationship with a muslim guy did come into the equation, but ONLY in fuelling my interest in the religion. I wasn't a serious Christian before, hence why I was having a relationship outside of marriage. The guy was muslim and also my bestest friend! We often had discussions about Islam and Christianity and I often felt ashamed that he knew more about my religion than I did. As our discussions continued over a period of time. I realised that I actually love this religion of Islam, and as time passed by I began to feel that I wanted to convert to Islam. Gradually my love for Islam surpassed the love for the guy, because it confirmed what I thought all along that there is only one God. I knew that if I was going to be a committed muslim I'd have to end this sinful relationship we were having. So I ended the relationship when I felt ready to convert. Weeks later I reverted to Islam and never looked back since.

Fortunately I ACTUALLY MARRIED the guy, because he saw how devoted I was to Islam.

In conclusion your relationship with God surpasses any other relationship that you have with any living person. God should be your first and foremost in everything you do- so I think that you really need to seperate the two issues of the Guy you are in love with, and your God.

Converting to a religion is not to be taken lightly, and in my opinion if you do convert for a guy you happen to be in love with for the 'time being' then you really wouldn't be true to yourself, you would be living a lie for the sake of pleasing someone, instead of pleasing your creator.

My suggestion is that you look a little deeper into your belief system, and also the religion you may or may not be considering converting to- "Allah Guides whom he wills!". Bottom line is that your religion/faith completes you, without this a person is not whole. So then how can someone love you if you're not complete or being true to yourself!

We can all make suggestions to your two million dollar questions, and everyone's opinions are all very valid and notable. But I guess in the end the answer lies within....

Second question I am not so passionate about...Not had much experience in this area...
But in this day and age there are all sorts of communication medium which facilitate faster and easier communication with loved ones who live on the other side of the globe.

Ultimately, it all depends on the two people involved and how much effort, energy, time and commitment they are willing to put into making a long-distance relationship really work.

I think it works for some and not for others predominantly because of people's patience and tolerance level.

Hopefully I did not bore you to sleep!

The best person to seek guidance from is God..so pray if ever you are in doubt.

Love Hanaa

Stella Matilda said...

Hi Hanaa
thats one long long post lol, but i really appreciate it so much =)

Well... converting is really a big deal for me. I know there is only 1 GOD in this world, but all my life I was born to only believe in the Catholic. And many things i have experience as a Christian and I don't want to throw it all away... There were unexplainable miracles and really weird stuff that happen to me as a Christian, and I believe in everything I have discovered, felt and also... saw...

I know there isnt much differences in the teaching of all religions, but its the "LAW" that divided us all and silly enough some "LAW" aren't even applicable in our modern world now.

Overall, I can't convert because I dont believe... and the system in Malaysia really escalates how i feel towards everything about converting... too much issue to handle, but most importantly, religion = believing

if there's no believing, there's no love to it and it would be the biggest sin to even think of converting....

*life is too much to handle on its own, i dont want to complicate my life, but i just have to be sure about everything...

Anonymous said...

i guess what stella say is correct, converting to another religion is really a big thing.... and before that, you got to believe and love the religion before hand... otherwise........ what's the point?

King Shen said...

hanaa joy u sound like u used to study at southbank university? your comment is way better than my 3rd year final dissertation :)

Anonymous said...

stella dont convert because of a guy! its stupid..............

Nur Hidayah Adam said...

Religion : My parents myself have been through it so i guess you should really have some deep thought about it first. Most people say it's really about you. But at times it depends too. E.g families & stuffs. This question is a bit subjective. Senang cerita kena tengok keadaan juga. At times you're ok with it but then with the in-laws & vice-versa. My father used to be a strong believer in christianity too. And also, are you prepared to religiously comitting to the religion you're converting into? As in the rituals & stuffs. You have to learn & understand it before hand to believe in it first. If not, there's no use.

Long Distance : Personally, at this age. Long distance relationships never works. Unless he's the naive type. But nowadays even the naive types lie, so what can you expect from the rest. If you really love him. Let it be. But never trust someone too much. Lol i sound like i'm anti-man or something. But yea i'm being honest.


yaya

Papa said...

Religion : if u wanna do it.. make sure u don`t do it for a person.. because this is something that u put faith on for the rest of ur life.. religion stays and person may come and gone..... so think deep... and long about it... p/s: my mom originally and since the divorce its been hard to her.. but all people are different.

Long Distance Relationship:
something so subjective.. it depends on ones self.. on how u can trust the other person.. and also other strong foundations that contributes to it....

just my two cents...