Monday, November 8, 2010

Last Post from London

Waking up from a tiring dream. I was a scientist doing a research on mutanted kitty cats on how did they become mutated. It was a tiring dream because there's dinasours involved in it.

It's a cold and wet morning here. Its true, autumn/winter is a gloomy depressing season of the year. The only thing people are looking forward for here is Christmas. Then they hop on to the Internet every single day in the cold freezing weather hoping to find a cheap flight ticket to the sunny side.

Packing is a headache for me. I left KLIA with my luggage weight only 8kg. But just last night after packing only 90% of my belongings, it was 23kg and this is without my make-up, toiletries, heels, boots and jackets. My luggage is officially overweight. With Malaysia Airlines, you only get 20kg, but my ticket is free (thank you my dear) so hopefully they can see the priority ticket on it and let me pass for the overweight luggage issue.

About London - it's a good to come back once in a while. My ex-boyfriend Andrew (from Scotland who works in Malaysia) is the one who took me out of Malaysia for the very first time in 2006. I will never forget it. He was so excited to take me on a holiday. He paid for my passport (which i am still using), he paid for my ticket tax (since my ticket was free), he paid for my flight to Scotland (visit his family), he gave me money to spend (approximately 300 pounds), he gave me everything i could ever dream of having. He was a great guy. And everything about my trip sometimes hit me back into the past. Hate the feeling. (by the way, i broke up with him to be with Shen) Sometimes i do wonder what if i had chosen to be with him... but i never regret spending 5 years of my life with Shen. Or regret being with Andrew for a year. Both of them are great people, come from good family background. All i can say is this "It's not you.. it's me..."

So I've been back to France and Italy. Flash back of my previous trip there just made me smile and saying to myself "Ahhh... those were the days... and yes i do miss you". The world on the other side makes you think really hard on life. You see things you don't see when you're in your own comfort zone. This trip is to get me out of my comfort zone and to find myself being happy again. I am going through my mid-life crisis. Admit it. I was lost after a tragic betrayals from a project I was working on. But lets face it, life is tough, so we gotta be tougher.

On the highway to visit my aunt, flash back of my entire trip here this year - had so much fun with my friends touring Europe. We went to France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg. It was stressful at some point because our tour guide is a pain in the ass and I get really annoyed. Looking on the brightside, I had lots of fun. TONS OF FUN.

Then my own trip to Ireland, Dublin was an amazing one. Abraham been such a great friend taking care of us there. Even took us to his Medical Class party and get to meet all the future doctors. Ahhh it was alot of fun. Boy Dublin is a nice place to live.

Yes, my Italian trip is cancelled this year. I know I said this a thousand times, because i am truly sad... So I have to attend my Italian Language course by end of next year, so.... umm... i'm not sure how i'm gonna do this, which means, if i get a job, it has to be just a short while, maybe a 6 months contract job... because i need to go back Italy to complete my course. And i'm planning to go back Milan sometime in June or August next year. Malaysia Airlines don't fly direct to Milan, so i'll have to go to Rome then take the train to Milan. Which i'm perfectly fine with that.

What I love most about my trip so far? Well... that's a good question. I love the fact that I went back to Rome and see St. Peter Basillica (the largest catholic church in the world) I have always wanted to go back there whenever I can. I like the fact that I went to the wonderful Irish town. I like the fact that I finally see snow and found out that it's nothing special at all (it's just ice kacang, literally). I like the fact that I get to spend sometime with my cousin (i love our girls night out in central london with her friends)

What I hate most about my trip? Ahhh this is easy... i hate the fact that i fell seriously ill TWICE. Once was when I just arrived London and second is bacterial infection/low whiteblood cell (after 2 months when i was in Poole) I also hate the fact that I didn't get to do my one month Italian trip. That's about it. Just 2 things.

What am i looking forward to back home? Well.. buntut ayam is the priority. Then maybe the fact that I get to wear less clothes and soak up some sun. Then maybe get to go watch movie at the cinema everyday because its cheaper than it is in London. There's a million things to look forward to for home of course... i mean it's home.. its where the heart is!

My next post will be about the "Do's and Don'ts of Shopping in Europe" (which i will be writing when i'm back in Kota Kinabalu)

Goodbye London, Goodbye Europe :( sniff sniff.... Guess i'll see you next year.

Love, Stella Matilda

No comments: