I could be dreaming, or is this happening really fast?
Just almost 5 years ago, there I was in my hostel with my room mate Agnes, I have pimples and I smell like asam laksa. Clueless about beauty and ignorant to the fashion world. Only CLEO Magazine kept me alive looking close enough to 'cute' and sort of 'ok'. Who would have thought, you very own room mate, classmate or cousin would ended up on the pages of magazines, advertisements or representing home in beauty pageants? I know I wouldn't have. I was pretty much a geek, so unpopular, unattractive, and probably fatter than I was right now. In high school, I only did my best to the minimum so I could pretty much pass all my exams and leaving high school with 5As is good enough for me.
Coming to Kuala Lumpur isn't a regret. Thanks to all the wrong moves I make in my life that lead me to exactly where I am.. here in K.L and pretty much experienced one heck of a life! That's not all, I experience new culture (shockingly and unhurt), love life (complicated but what the heck! I love him deeply!) and everything I never thought I would have. Nevertheless, trying to save the world and help others through the goodwill of my heart.
As to the obvious, few years earlier there's been uncountable numbers of Sabahan beauties ruling in the industry of beauty and fashion. I don't really need to name all of them, because you can tell if he/she is a Sabahan either from our unique one of a kind look or our accent, the 'Bah'.
Here's one obvious example:

Firstly, myself appearing for Newman Magazine for December issue last year also reigning Miss Borneo Tourism Queen International 2009

Here we have Weena Marcus appearing also on Newman Magazine for January issue this year and reigning Miss Malaysia Tourism International 2009

Last but not least, Cassandra Patrick hitting Newman Magazine on cover and also reigning Miss Malaysia Tourism Queen International 2009 and Miss Malaysia Universe 2009 1st Runner-up

Take a closer look at Clive magazine. Daphne Iking also hit hard on Clive magazine cover!
What we all have in common besides our Sabahan good looks and our unique accent? We love to help others, we're all down to earth, this include Amber Chia as she is considered a Sabahan because she was brought up in a very down to earth Sabah environment almost her entire life.
We want you to know that we keep no room for narcissism, but room for improvement and helping others.
Like I said a million times before, anyone can be a model. It's just a matter of your heart and mind. Ask yourself if you are passionate enough for this. If you want it, do not meet me half way, but meet me all the way. This also apply to everyone out there, either you are passionate to be a racing driver, a world famous writer, an exquisite professional photographer, an breath-taking out of this world fashion designer or simply a successful business person. With your passion and determination, I promise you will make it there.
Don't forget to join us on Facebook for Sabah Model Search 2010. Please be patient as our official website is under renovation. But at the mean time, you can visit our Facebook fan page for information on registration and etc.
Me and Cassandra will in-store for you only the best of the best. This year will be YOUR year to shine with us.
Facebook fan page:
Love,
Stella Matilda
stella@foxyproduction.com.my
3 comments:
Hey there,i know I'm some kind of unknown here,let just say I'm following your news cuz i think u're a great model!Plus,ure Sabahan!:D I've been dreaming of becoming a model,but im afraid people will laugh at me and say bad word (you know what i mean)..my question is,how you manage to get through all the obstacles and have you ever dream of becoming a model?
Hello Dedriette,
First of all, thanks for your comment.
Secondly, you are no stranger to me =) everybody are consider friends to me =)
Okay, to answer your question.
Basically, you have to find out your own strength and weaknesses if you want to be a model. You have to be realistic and take advices from people who have experience. As for people who don't know much about the industry but say stuff to only put you down, well you can let them laugh now, but you will have the last laugh, and MAYBE the longest too =)
Oh and don't forget, always keep a positive mind =)
I hope I have help answer your question.
Love,
Stella Matilda
Hello :)
Thanks for replying my comment and question,it does help me a lot..Actually i am thinking about becoming a model after my SPM, but at the same time,i wanted to further my study,will it be disturbed?
Really appreciate if you can advice me about this modelling carier :)
Thanks =)
Post a Comment