
It makes you tough, alright!
Ohhh the tears in my eyes when I found out I was selected to be in the National Service during my final year in high school. None of my group of best friends got selected. I was on my own.
All I can remember we're the 2nd batch of National Service students. My dad totally love the idea. I mean of course, it's a boy's thing. Wearing army uniform, big black boots, marching, camping, crazy adventure in the jungle, survival skills, and all that awesome kick ass stuff! Boys dig those stuff. I was such a princess, still a princess.
But damn National Service bring the boy out of me! Hair cut short like a man, I hardly had a proper shower. In fact, I smell like a boy even after shower. Sometimes, no shower at all. Haha!
Even after all this time, I never regret being dragged and forced to attend my National Service. That day sort of been the start of something new in my life for me. It was the day it created something out of me.
A tough cookie! ^_^
*i guess that's where all the punching walls and trees came from, and not being afraid of pain. RAWR!!! Also because I got fighting genetics in my blood. My dad is a martial art sensei.
With love,
Stella Matilda
No comments:
Post a Comment