
Today i have to write my blog because something unusual happened.
I was at Eiffel Tower wasting some time, taking photos and taking more more photos. As I was heading back to the bus where we suppose to be, crowd starting to pile up, there were tons of police hovering people to go cross the road, basically pushing everyone out from eiffel tower. I had to get across to eiffel tower because my bus is behind the tower. Police block the entire gateway to go across.
With panic, confused, nobody wanna explain, or should i say nobody understand what the duck i am talking about because all of them were French. If there were tons of police and hearing the ambulance behind my ears... what else could it be? Bomb treats? Duhh... it was...
Emergency evacuation was running right in front of me. I was part of it. If i stood close to where the ambulance are, you could probably see me on the World Newspaper highlights or CNN News headlines. At that moment, it was 8.30pm, and by this time, the Eiffel Tower would all be light up with sparkling lights to impress people what Paris is made of BUT- it didn't light up, which indicates... "something is wrong". They called Paris the City of Lights and Romance, therefore Eiffel Tower is the climax and hallmark of everything about France.
Back to the havoc situation. I ran across the park in time before the police could catch me to evacuate the park too.. i just need to get to my bus. Because the bus will leave at 8.30pm so have to get in time else I might have to take the train and cab to my hotel which is 1 hour away and would take up my expenses.
I could hear police siren, ambulance and I could see a whole load of people from the top of the tower walking down quickly.
All i could think is that, what if the tower actually blown up to pieces? Why am i still standing 7 feet away from this place? I should be far far away... I don't want to end up in the statistic of the victims of a bomb treat in Paris. Not tonight, not now. I have a long life and I want to live it.
I made it to my bus safe and sound... Catching my breath and have a last glance behind me...
The news has revealed... "Eiffel Tower evacuated after bomb alert"
Here's something what the news has to say...
Police evacuated some 2,000 people from the Eiffel Tower and the park surrounding the Paris landmark on Tuesday following a bomb alert, the police said.
"The company managing the Eiffel Tower received an anonymoustelephone call around 8:20 pm (1820 GMT)," a Paris police official told AFP.
"Special units, one with sniffer dogs, went to the site to search the Eiffel Tower floor by floor," the official said.
"Around 2,000 people were evacuated."
Read More at http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100914/wl_afp/franceincidenteiffel
4 comments:
Must be confusing and scary huh..
HOTNESSS I <3 STELLA~ ^^
OMG! U were there when that happened?! saw the news on TV... Gosh! Good thing you were okay....It wasn't a sweet memory for a romantic place hahahahah..quite ironic:p Btw, Please do take care, babe:)
Love,
getzzz
anonymous = totally... its just crazy!
emmichii = hahaahha apa yg hot? :P but thanks hahhaa
getzz = ia.... it was scary....
Post a Comment