Good friend Sunshine showing her support during the Charity Movie Screening for Iron Man 2 at Cathay Cineleisure Damansara last month with Malaysia For Haiti Campaign. (Photo coutersy of Andy Kho)
I remembered when I first heard the news about the devastation in Haiti, it was a heart breaking moment. Television news, radios, newspapers and even websites are announcing to the world about the Haiti earthquake which killed approximately 230,000 people and leaving more wounded without proper shelter and basic neccesity. It broke my heart and wanted to help. I am not a doctor neither am I a millionair. Therefore, I just did my small part in donating some money via UNICEF Emergency Relief Donation for Haiti Earthquake.
Soon, I discovered myself helping a charity campaign as the Public Relations for Malaysia For Haiti in collaborate with Mercy Malaysia. I feel so happy that I can contribute my time and I can help organize some fund raising activities as well as getting the public together to make a difference across the borders.
Our events consists of fund raising activities in Shopping Complex, charity sales and last but not least, Charity Movie Screening of Iron Man 2 which was held previously in Cathay Cineleisure. Everyone in the campaign did such a great job and manage to raised more than RM 10,000 during the campaign. I am proud to be associate with them and hope more to come in the future.
Today, you can still do your part in making a better tomorrow for someone through your humble generosity. You may visit http://www.malaysiaforhaiti.org/ for information about this campaign.
Love,
Stella Matilda
No comments:
Post a Comment